The annual SIAL food and beverage tradeshow was held in Toronto. Here’s what caught our eye this year.
- Avocado oil – high proportions of monounsaturated fat and high smoke point
- Wild rice flour – gluten free flour, made in Canada
- Sea buckthorn tea – builds on the health potential of the super sea buckthorn berry
- Bison meat – lean protein choice coming soon to grocery stores
- Pea protein chips – vegan offering with 15 grams of protein per serving
- Mycryo – pure cocoa butter for cooking, 90 calories and 10 g fat (of which 6 g is saturated fat) per 5 tsp