The 15th annual Flavour Forecast report by McCormick Canada is out! Created by a global team of chefs, culinary professionals, trend trackers and food technologists, the Flavour Forecast predicts top flavour trends. Can you guess what the top 8 flavours are for 2015?
- Global Blends On the Move – Japanese 7 Spice (Shichimi Togarashi) offers a new kind of spicy heat, while Shawarma Spice Blend lends warm, spiced flavour to grilled meats and more.
- Middle Eastern Mezze – These distinctive dips and spreads, packed with zesty herbs and seasonings, offer an approachable and delicious introduction to a vibrant global cuisine.
- Sour + Salt – Combining coarse salt with surprising sours like pickled ginger, sour cherry, dried mango and lemon zest results in a lively finishing flavour that lends brightness and texture to dishes.
- Smoked Spices – Smoking spices and herbs deepens their flavour and aroma, adding richness to meals and drinks.
- Umami Veggies – For a fresh way to savour the tempting “fifth taste,” look no further than naturally umami-rich veggies like mushrooms, tomatoes, sweet potatoes and nori.
- Liquid Revolution – Fresh purées and juices blend with bold spices and herbs to intensify sauces, pasta, dressings and more – providing a fun, delicious way to enjoy an extra serving of fruits and veggies.
- Flavour Worth the Wait – Lift the lid to discover the rich flavours from recipes around the world that meld aromatic spices and comforting ingredients into mouthwatering slow-cooked meals.
- Cookies Reimagined – Classic spiced cookie flavours take new form in decadent, imaginative desserts that redefine “milk and cookies.”