There’s been quite a buzz lately about the new Canada’s Food Guide, which should be released soon this year!
Our Co-Founder, Sue Mah recently shared her expert insights and answered consumer questions on CBC Morning Live national news. Check out her two interviews to get the full scoop!
Here are just a few expected highlights of the new Canada’s Food Guide:
- Recommendations on HOW to eat, not just what to eat or what not to eat.
- Recommendations to limit the 3 “S” – sugars, saturated fat and sodium.
- A focus on plant-based foods such as whole grains, vegetables and fruit.
- A new “protein” group which includes a variety of protein-rich foods such as beans, nuts, seeds, soy products, tofu, eggs, fish / seafood, poultry, lean red meats, lower fat milk and yogurt, and cheeses lower in sodium and fat.
- Consideration of other factors that affect our food choices such as food accessibility, food affordability and cultural diversity.
What does this mean for your business? Let dietitians translate the science of nutrition for your team! Book us now for an in-house presentation on the new Food Guide and how it will impact your business.